Help safeguard your home with the white Google Nest Protect Battery-Powered Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. This alarm is powered by six (6) included AA batteries and it wirelessly interacts with your Android and iOS smart devices using the free Nest app. Wireless communication is achieved thanks to its built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The Google Nest Protect is designed to detect fast-burning fires, smoldering fires, and carbon monoxide. It produces an audible alert when action is required, and it can be conveniently silenced from your smart devices.
Get alerts on your phone.
Nest Protect can send you a message when there's a problem or the batteries run low.
Tells you what and where.
Nest Protect speaks up if there's smoke or CO and tells you where it is, so you know what to do.
Sees the CO you can't.
Carbon monoxide is an invisible, poisonous gas. Nest Protect tells you where it's hiding.
A light in the dark.
Usually, Nest Protect has its light turned off, but when you walk underneath it, Pathlight can light your way.
Every second counts.
The Split-Spectrum Sensor looks for both fast and slow burning fires.
Hush from the Nest app.
Just burned the popcorn? App Silence lets you quiet the alarm from your phone.
10-year life span.
Nest Protect's long-lasting sensors help keep you safe and sound for up to a decade.
Sleep safe and sound.
Nightly Promise is a quick green glow when you turn out the lights that says everything's working well.
- Warranty: Two-year limited warranty
- Dimensions: Length: 5.3 in (13.4 cm) • Width: 1.5 in (3.85 cm) • Height: 5.3 in (13.4 cm)
- Weight: 13.9 oz (379.0 g)
- Color: White
- Sensors: Split‑Spectrum smoke sensor, 10-year electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor, temperature, humidity, occupancy (120° field of view up to 20 feet), ambient light, accelerometer, microphone
- Battery: Six long-life AA batteries (Energizer® Ultimate Lithium “L91”)
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) Wi-Fi • 802.15.4 (2.4GHz) • Bluetooth Low Energy
- Operating Temperature: 40ºF (4 ºC) to 100ºF (38 ºC)
- Audio: Speaker loudness: 80 dB @ 3 ft (1 m) @ 1kHz
- Horn: 85 dB SPL @ 10 ft (3 m)
- Certification: Nest Protect has been tested to comply with safety standards UL 2034, UL 217, and NFPA-72 set out by UL and California State Fire Marshal.
- External Buttons: RGB color ring with 6 LEDs
- Requirements: Wi-Fi connection • Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later • Free Nest account.
In the Box
- Nest Protect: 2nd Gen Smoke + CO Alarm
- Four screws
- User’s guide
- Welcome guide
- Six long-life AA batteries