Fast Wi-Fi Just Went Long Range
Take Wi-Fi further with the RE205 Range Extender. The range extender brings Wi-Fi dead zones back to life by extending the signal of your router. Stream high-quality movies, video chat or connect to smart Wi-Fi devices without worrying about drop-offs or spotty signals.
Take The Guess Work Out of Placement
Never guess where to place your range extender again. The RE205 extender sets up easily and features an Intelligent Signal Indicator that tells you the best position to place your range extender for the strongest possible connection.
Boost Wi-Fi In Other Ways
Connect an Ethernet cable from your smart TV, gaming console or streaming box to the RE205 for a boost in speed and connectivity. You can also create faster Wi-Fi for your devices by switching the extender to access point mode and connecting it to your router using an Ethernet cable.
Whether you’re using your ISP’s router or your own, extending your network with the RE205 is easy. The RE205 is compatible with standard routers, access points, as well as service provider gateways.
Set-Up From Your Phone
Set up your Range Extender in minutes and manage your network through the TP-Link Tether App, available for both Android and iOS. The Tether App allows you to control and access your Wi-Fi settings directly from your smartphone.
- Ethernet Port: 1 10/100Mbps RJ45 port
- Button: WPS & RESET Buttons
- Antenna: 2 External Antennae
- Power Consumption: 6.8W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 3.06 x 1.57 x 3.15 in. (77.8 x 40 x 80 mm)
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11a/n/ac 5GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
- Frequency: 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Signal Rate: 300Mbps at 2.4GHz, 433Mbps at 5GHz
- Transmit Power: ≤19.5dBm (2.4/5GHz)
- Wireless Function: Enable/disable wireless radio
- Wireless Security: WEP, WPA/WPA2, WPA/WPA-PSK2, enable/disable SSID broadcast
- Certification: FCC, RoHS
Microsoft Windows 98SE, NT, 2000, XP, Vista™ or Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux
Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 12.0, Chrome 20.0, Safari
4.0, or other Java-enabled browsers